Tuesday June 25, 2019
As you begin looking at housing options, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with the options. Where would you like to live? What is your budget? How many bedrooms, bathrooms, and floors does your house need to have? Another big question you will probably find yourself faced with, when looking to move, is whether you should build a new home or buy a preexisting one. The answer will affect how you make your decisions going forward, so it might be one of the very first questions you have to answer.
While building a new home may sound like a daunting task, don’t be too quick to make the decision not to build. Below are five reasons building a new home might be right for you:
- Building a new home provides the flexibility to build a home that meets your needs wherever you need them. You don’t have to be constrained to where homes have already been built. If there’s nothing appealing on the market, building a new home suddenly makes all your options reappear.
- While building a home can be a longer process than buying a preexisting home, it also can save you quite a bit of time. Building new allows for you to make all the design decisions up front – from flooring and counter top options, to garage height. These items, while completely possible to change on your own after buying a preexisting house, will eat away time and money after closing. With a brand-new build, the need for you to lift a paintbrush after closing disappears.
- Along with laying to rest concerns about DIY renovations, new homes solve energy efficiency issues before they even begin. Unexpected costs can arise in an older home to repair and replace things to keep it functioning efficiently. Buying a new home, with a full warranty, can majorly ease those costs.
- Building new also allows you to know that everything in your home is up to code and is being built according to the most recent regulations and standards. Set your mind at ease, knowing who built your home and what materials they used doing it. Check out this post that shows just how efficient and weather-tight your new home will be, if you build with Faber Builders!
- Lastly, building new has become as cost effective as buying a preexisting home. There’s no reason to be afraid of the price-tag when it comes to a new home. Today’s home builders are experts at delivering a quality new home that is unique to your tastes, while having options available at multiple price points. Looking for a beautiful new home that is move-in ready in the low two hundreds? Or are you looking to get the most out of your $350,000 budget? With buying a new home, you can find either and know you are getting an excellent value for your investment.
Buying a home comes with many options and opportunities. What works best for you?